Google has made typing Hindi on Android phones easy . Google Hindi Input app is now available on Google Play. Google Hindi Input allows you to type messages, update on social networks or compose emails in Hindi on your Android phone. Check out the following video to understand how this virtual keyboard works on your phone.
Google Play app Description
If you can read नमस्ते correctly on your phone, then you may install and use Google Hindi Input, otherwise your phone may not support Hindi.
- Toggle the button “a->अ” on English keyboard to turn on/off transliteration mode.
- In the transliteration mode, you can type Hindi word in English characters and the app will convert them to Hindi.
- For example, type “hindi” and then you will get the word हिंदी from a list.
- By turning off the transliteration mode on English keyboard, you can type in English.
- Toggle the globe button to switch between English and Hindi keyboard
- Consonants are alphabetically ordered into 2 pages. Press the paging button “1/2” “2/2” to navigate between pages. Long press the character key to select various forms in the popup.
The app is working well and we are expecting more regional language apps from Google.
Previous related posts